Julie's request to use the OM's to increase the number of your players who get a match each week pertains to all levels, not just 2.5.
I want to reiterate the importance of utilizing Opportunity Matches this season.
· Due to the fact that there are only nine 2.5 ladies on my team, Leisure World is going from two 2.5 teams to one. As a result, I have a lot of guys on my team (18) who are very concerned about getting to play during the upcoming season.
· Whether your team has a large or small number of men or ladies compared to your opponents, the Opportunity Match spreadsheet will ensure that we get as many players playing each week as possible.
· The Opportunity Match spreadsheet serves a dual purpose - Captains can enter pairs of extra players or enter requests to fill lines for league play. I am planning on playing 6 courts for 2 rounds for home matches in order to get as many of my guys playing as possible. We will be utilizing extra mens teams entered on the OM spreadsheet in order to fill these courts, and extra ladies teams in order to match your numbers.
· I will also be entering my extra players on the OM spreadsheet when we are away and the opposing captain doesn't have courts or players to match my numbers.
· I know that some of you utilized Opportunity Matches to get extra players on the courts last season, but I believe we can get a lot more playing this season.
· If you have any questions on the OM spreadsheet, Gene Rhinehart is the OM Coordinator for the 2.5's and he is eager to see a lot of teams entered as well as requests for players entered, to fill league matches on our OM spreadsheet.
· He will first fulfill needs for league matches and then set up Opportunity Matches with the remaining teams. He acts as the captain for the 2.5 OM's and enters duels into Tencap and records scores.
· I hope that you will join me in the effort to get as many players on the courts on league day as possible. It is a little extra work, but this ensures that few players sit out each week.
Thank you in advance!
LW1 2.5 Team Captain